Bingham provides a wide range of labor, employment and benefits services to management clients. Big enough to handle the defense of complex class actions, yet flexible enough to move efficiently and quickly, we can serve the needs of multinationals as well as small businesses. We provide clients with strategic and tactical advice that stresses best practices, litigation prevention and compliance. When claims are made, however, we focus all our skills and experience as advocates on resolving conflicts.
Responsive and Collaborative
Our goal is to provide outstanding, economical and practical advice to clients. We offer comprehensive counseling, human resources consulting, management training and litigation services. Through close collaboration with clients’ human resource personnel, we help identify employment issues, avoid potential workplace problems and quickly resolve those that arise in a manner consistent with business goals and core values. We also create management training programs specifically for each client’s needs and goals.
We represent employers in administrative and judicial forums in which workplace disputes are addressed. With a wealth of trial experience, we know how to gauge exposure, manage risk and litigate cost-effectively. We help develop best practice policies to manage personnel effectively, and to reduce the risk of costly and disruptive litigation, but when litigation is necessary, we are aggressive and proactive.
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Collective Bargaining, National Labor Relations Act, and Other Labor Matters
- Disability and FMLA Litigation
- Disability Access Issues under ADA, Unruh Act, HUD, DFEH and other federal and state legislation
- Discrimination, Wrongful Termination and Harassment Claim Defense
- Diversity Strategies
- Employment Training Programs
- Employment Trade Secret Litigation
- ERISA, Employee Benefits, Employee Option and Stock Ownership
- Executive Compensation and Key Employee Retention
- Federal and State Regulatory Compliance with the EEOC, the DOL and State Agencies
- Investigations and Whistleblower Claims
- Negotiation of Project Labor Agreements
- Pre-Merger Employment Due Diligence
- Preparation and Review of Employment and Separation Agreements
- Proprietary Information, Unfair Competition and Trade Secrets
- Strategic Human Resource Management Consulting
- Wage and Hour Class Action Litigation Defense
- Wage and Hour, FLSA and Productivity Audits
- Workforce Reductions and WARN Compliance
- Workplace Violence
- International Labor and Employment Law
Experience Across Industries
We represent large corporations as well as privately held small businesses in a broad range of industries, including financial services, accounting, technology, consumer products, equipment manufacturing, food and beverage, biotechnology, semiconductor, professional services, real estate development, property management, higher education, office supplies, packaging, retail, hospitality, publishing, media, entertainment, and healthcare, among others.